We are looking for a monitoring specialist that will be responsible for all of Global-e's operations teams with effective monitoring and event management solutions.
Processes and solutions must meet the demanding nature of production web applications and other distributed SAAS solutions in a complex, cloud-based virtualized environment.
The monitoring specialist will be part of the IT & DevOps department with a focus on infrastructure, application, and service monitoring.
- Implement efficient event management processes and automation.
- Configure and maintain central monitoring platforms infrastructure.
- Fix problems in monitoring platforms.
- Manage new technology integrations into monitoring systems.
- Participate in the development process of applications and other infrastructure monitoring design, implementation, customization and support.
- Design console solutions to consolidate views of service events for support staff.
- Provide filtering and event correlation mechanisms to reduce event noise.
- Grow the technical skillset of everyone, including his/her peers through peer mentoring, coaching, training, etc.
- Recommend the establishment or modification of current policies and standards where applicable.
- Improve continuous integration and delivery systems.
- At least 3 years of experience in IT & monitoring operations(NOC experience a plus)
- Application side and real-user monitoring experience
- Broad understanding of cloud environments) AWS- preferred), distributed application architectures, and web-scale technologies
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration tools.
- Comfortable with scripting or programming languages
- Experience with open source monitoring technologies like time-series DBs, metrics dashboards, real-time graphing, graph editors, ELK stack, Zabbix
- Good understanding of network performance monitoring, application performance management, high-resolution systems monitoring, and IT operations analytics
- Good understanding of event correlation and analysis techniques and solutions
- Exposure to several of the following products: Sumo Logic, Splunk, AppDynamics, New Relic, DataDog, Sensu.
- Excellent Hebrew and English – written and verbal communication skills