- Published: July 12, 2021
Intuition Robotics creates empathetic digital companions™ that positively impact people's lives. Using proprietary cognitive AI technology, as well as unique knowhow, digital companions establish long-term relationships between people and technology, unlocking unprecedented engagement levels. ;Our goal is to use this breakthrough technology to help people live better, starting with older adults. ;The company was founded in 2016 and is based in Israel with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Greece. Intuition Robotics' investors include: Toyota Ventures, Samsung NEXT, iRobot, and Venture Capital firms from California, Israel, Japan, and China. The company's first product, ElliQ®, is an award-winning proactive social robot for older adults. ElliQ is aimed at keeping older adults healthy, active, and independent at home, bridging the gap between them and their healthcare providers. ElliQ won the New Product and Technology Awards Aging Award 2020, AI Breakthrough Award (2020 and 2018), CES Best of Innovation Award 2018, and more.
As a Product Designer at Intuition Robotics, you will be exploring uncharted territories of the world of design and curating HRI (Human-Robot Interaction) experiences with multimodal interactions including UI, sound, LEDs, movement, and speech. We are looking for a flexible designer who isn’t confined to one discipline; someone who is capable of thinking creatively and executing effectively; someone who is willing to pioneer a new field of design. This is a truly unique position. ; ;
As part of the product team, you will work with other designers to conceptualize and ultimately define how robots communicate with people. Your day-to-day will include UX, UI, motion, lighting, and sound design in an effort to bridge the gap between robots and humans. We’re not looking for someone who is an expert in all of these fields (that would be mission impossible). We’re searching for an Avante-garde designer who is hungry to learn and discover new worlds. ; ;
- Collaborate with designers to develop profiles for various interactive characters (tone and voice, look and feel).
- Design UI, animation, LEDs and movement for physical products based on customer insights, user research and guidance from product managers.
- Always learn ;
- Curate interactions for physical products. UI is a part of the work, but there is also substantial HMI (human-machine interface) and HRI (human robotics interaction) design involved.
- Translate technical requirements into meticulously curated experiences
- 1+ years of experience in product design (UX, UI), motion design or interactive design in a product-driven company
- Expert in design software ;
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates creative thinking as well as delivery of end-to-end scenarios.
- Self-motivated with good communication skills
- Excels in one field of design (eg. UI on Sketch or motion design) but also adept in other fields and able to learn new programs.
- Team member and simultaneously independent.
- Delivery oriented ;
- Passion for design and a strong command of visual design capabilities, including UI design principles and patterns, layout and composition, information hierarchy, typography and color.
- Experience creatively solving problems
- Ability to articulate your design choices and creative thinking
- Capable of deeply understanding the needs and goals before beginning to design.
- Experience with After Effects, Blender, or any other animation software is an advantage.
- Education in one of the following fields: ;design, animation, cinema, HRI.
- Multidisciplinary designer/ full stack designer ;
- Knowledge in social psychology.
- Design experience in more than websites and mobile.