- Published: April 29, 2021
BeyondMinds is looking for a Head of Research to lead our research group and help us solve the most challenging problems on top of our product. Our product is based on our unique approach for modular AI R&D process - enabling us to solve the most complex AI problems in a scalable way, and breaking most of the barriers in implementing AI solutions for mission-critical problems.
As the group leader, you will be in charge of all the solutions we develop on using our core product, giving a unique opportunity to shape its focus and interfaces. You’ll need a holistic view of BeyondMinds’ product and challenges. You’ll lead the group, bringing measurable value to the company through your team's efforts.
As the group leader, you will have a unique opportunity to shape the focus and interfaces of our core product. You’ll need a holistic view of BeyondMinds’ products and challenges. You’ll lead the group, bringing measurable value to the company through your team's efforts.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Identify AI projects of high business impact including both product-related projects, and also research projects. Collaborate/communicate effectively with product owners representing different product lines.
- Prepare an annual roadmap for the implementation of different AI projects.
- Provide ideas and insights into new business models that could be enabled using AI. Become a go-to guy for C-Suite executives for implementing AI in their functional areas.
- Layout the AI projects/products implementation processes (ML model development lifecycle) including project inception, exploration phase, model building phase, model deployment, and model retraining. Ensure the project implementation governance on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of the AI platform which will be used to deploy and host ML models.
- Play a key role in deciding technologies and related roadmap for development, testing, deployment of AI/machine learning models.
- Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of quality assurance processes in relation to model testing by different stakeholders; Model performance testing, model acceptance testing by product managers/consultants/customers, other forms of testing as applicable (such as metamorphic testing, dual coding testing, blackbox, white-box testing, etc)
- Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of continuous delivery/deployment strategies (A/B testing, canary testing, etc) of machine learning models.
- Prepare the strategy/plan for ethical AI and oversee its implementation across different AI projects. Get involved with the interaction related to ethical AI with stakeholders including customers/partners AI governance team, auditors, regulators on an ongoing basis.
- Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of machine learning pipeline automation to be used for automated ML model retraining/testing across different AI projects.
- Prepare the plan and oversee the implementation of AI infrastructure to be used for model training/retraining and model deployment in production. Ensures the use of cloud services vis-a-vis local infrastructure for fulfilling different requirements.
- Hire a team of data scientists; Keep a check on newer hiring requirements on an ongoing basis. Provide training and mentoring to the team
- Take part in communication with customers, partners, media stakeholders
Founded in 2018, BeyondMinds has built the first enterprise AI system that is universally applicable and easily adaptable. We deliver hyper-customized, production-ready AI solutions that enable sophisticated companies to overcome the massive failure rate in AI adoption and rapidly implement ROI-positive transformations. The company has more than 80 employees, with the majority being AI technologists. Accelerating AI democratization around the world, we have offices in New York, Tel-Aviv and London, in addition to presence in other countries. We service Global 1000 companies, including Microsoft and Samsung.
- M.Sc. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a related technical field (with research focused on NLP/CV/RL/ML).
- Industry experience as a group leader.
- Demonstrated expertise in developing novel Deep Learning algorithms.
- Deep mathematical understanding of machine learning fundamentals.
- Fluency in Python, and experience with PyTorch and/or TensorFlow.
- Experience in collaborating with applied research and engineering teams.
- Experience contributing to research communities, including publishing papers at top conferences (e.g. NIPS, ICML, NAACL, ACL, CVPR, ECCV, ICCV).