ART MEDICAL is a well-funded, medical startup developing cutting-edge technologies for ICU patients. Our smART+™ platform is an intelligent, sensor-based feeding system for critical care patients that aims to prevent life-threatening in-hospital complications such as ventilator-associated pneumonia, malnutrition and acute kidney injury. With the introduction of Nutrition Management 2.0™ to critical care patient scoring systems, the smART+™ platform monitors, analyzes and prevents malnutrition and gastric aspiration in real-time. By providing optimal nutritional care and achieving up to 100% feeding efficiency, the smART+™ platform improves the standard of care and helps ICU patients recover faster.
As a Head of R&D Mechanical Engineer, you will Be a part of a multidisciplinary team, responsible for Research & Development mechanical team. The role involves development of next generation company products from POC up to mass production and responsible for maintenance of exists products.
- Design and development products, components and manufacturing process according to clinical specifications and regulatory requirements. From concept to production line implementation.
- Prepare detailed drawings, specifications, and work-instructions.
- Perform as a subject matter expert in the fields of engineering calculation, material selection, manufacturing technologies, CAD and testing designs.
- Generate technical reports and regulatory documents.
- Verify the functionality of products design by developing test methodology and specifications to ensure that products design meet applicable performance requirements.
- Design and implement device improvements and modifications.
- Interfaces with outside vendors for component selection, manufacturing, and assembly.
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university. MSc an advantage.
- Minimum 8 years of experience in medical device R&D companies.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Team Management/Leadership.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills and general mechanical engineering analysis knowledge.
- Experience and deep understanding of working under relevant regulations and standards: FDA QSR, ISO-13485, MDD (MDR).
- Hands-On attitude, passion for creation.
- Team player able to work in large, multi-disciplinary teams with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Self-motivated, fast learner.
- High presentation skills and fluent English.