ActiveFence is looking for a director of quality to join the engineering leadership team, reporting to the EVP of R&D, to oversee the quality activities of the engineering department as a whole.
As a director of quality, you will be leading, defining, and executing the quality & automation strategy.
We are looking for a leader with extensive experience in the quality domain, with a strong orientation to continuous integration & delivery while leveraging automation testing as the main gatekeeper of quality.
As we see it, quality is not just about testing, it relates to every step of our development lifecycle, starting from planning, implementing and releasing.
As a leader, you will need to understand our customer's usage of the platform and collaborate with all parties within the department to assure that the quality processes (which will be defined by you) will be addressed by leveraging the infrastructure that you will put in place.
What You’ll Do
- Design and build our automation infrastructure and building blocks
- Define and build cross-group quality processes.
- Define the QA strategy, approach, standards and execution across our portfolio.
- Raise awareness and build a strong quality mindset within the engineering organization and within the team.
- Work with product managers, developers, and development managers to prioritize quality and testing opportunities in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Oversee the product release quality and risks.
- Reduce time for testing while maintaining and improving the quality.
ActiveFence is the leading tool stack for Trust & Safety teams, worldwide. By relying on ActiveFence’s end-to-end solution, Trust & Safety teams – of all sizes – can keep users safe from the widest spectrum of online harms, unwanted content, and malicious behavior, including child safety, disinformation, and fraud, hate speech, terror, nudity, and more.
Using cutting-edge AI and a team of world-class subject-matter experts to continuously collect, analyze, and contextualize data, ActiveFence ensures that in an ever-changing world, customers are always two steps ahead of bad actors. As a result, Trust & Safety teams can be proactive and provide maximum protection to users across a multitude of abuse areas, in 70+ languages.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors such as CRV and Norwest, ActiveFence has raised $100M to date; employs 300 people worldwide, and has contributed to the online safety of billions of users across the globe.
- Experience in quality leadership roles for at least 2 years
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in quality & automation frameworks and quality architecture.
- Experience leading the quality of SaaS products used at a high scale.
- Experience leading the quality of ML-based products used at a high scale.
- Experience in functional and non-functional testing; performance, stability, and upgradability testing
- Hands-on experience working with Node.js, K8S, and Python including scripting skills and CI tools.
- BSc /BA Computer Science or equivalent
- Practical experience in software development and Agile methodologies
- Can-do and keep a promising attitude, result driven, and able to effectively build relationships
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: open-minded, team player, result oriented
Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)