- Published: September 12, 2021
Tolstoy is a next-generation asynchronous video communication platform. Companies like Yotpo, Fiverr, Good American (Khloe Kardashian), UPS, and others use Tolstoy to have interactive, face-to-face conversations with their leads and customers, at scale.
We’re a fast-growing startup and recently raised a seed round from some of the best VCs in Israel.
In this role, you’ll be among the company’s first employees, and have the opportunity to influence its direction and success. You’ll work directly with the COO and have a huge impact on the company’s bottom line. You’ll be challenged and pushed, and have the opportunity to grow professionally in otherwise unimaginable speed.
- It will be your responsibility to unlock new business opportunities for the company, through direct, channel, and product partnerships. Your creativity, excellence, and passion will be Tolstoy’s secret sauce.
- You’ll be responsible for all partnerships and channel sales in the company. You will be required to think outside the box and hustle. You’ll be responsible for negotiating needle-moving partner deals with agencies, other apps, and best-in-breed platforms (such a Monday, Shopify, Airtable, and others), as well as identifying new markets and opportunities for the company to pursue, in order to reach our growth goals.
- Your ability to execute will define Tolstoy’s differentiation in the market, and directly impact the company’s bottom line.
This is a full-time role based in Tel Aviv.
- Analytical. You enjoy breaking down complex problems into chewable building blocks, making projections, and analyzing data.
- Ambitious. You shoot for the stars, and are able to close deals that other companies at our stage don’t even dream of.
- Creative. This is what makes you different from every other candidate. You think out of the box and can analyze complex problems from multiple angles.
- A leader. You build and motivate teams and internal processes. You can lead complex projects and keep multiple parallel work streams on track.
- A great teammate. You will collaborate across Marketing, Product, Sales, and other teams at Tolstoy. You can build a strong network of cross-functional relationships and use them to get things done. You will teach the organization about competitive insights and how we should adapt based on them.
- Business savvy. You understand what it takes to get companies to act: how to get to the right person, how to pitch, how to negotiate and close complex deals.
- A goal-oriented, hard-working hustler. You know how to prioritize the most valuable opportunities, and ignore the meaningless ones. You are willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done. You’re willing to put in the work it will take to secure game-changing deals with world-class companies.
- Come up with creative, market-defining partnership opportunities to grow our user-base and provide more product-value to our existing users
- Identify product gaps
- Build a deep understanding of the value that our product provides, and leverage it to secure unique partnerships
- Engage in ongoing market research and analysis of industry players’ go-to-markets and messaging.
- Grow along with the company, and be flexible and eager to take on more responsibilities.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Native English
- Proven leadership capabilities
- A demonstrated ability to work autonomously and manage several projects at the same time.
- A proven ability of working cross-functionally to get things done.
- A proven track record of excellence and creativity
At Tolstoy, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.