- Published: September 12, 2021
Tolstoy is a next-generation asynchronous video communication platform. Companies like Yotpo, Fiverr, Good American (Khloe Kardashian), UPS, and others use Tolstoy to have interactive, face-to-face conversations with their leads and customers, at scale.
We’re a fast-growing startup and recently raised a seed round from some of the best VCs in Israel.
In this role, you’ll be among the company’s first twenty employees, and have the opportunity to influence its direction and success. You’ll work directly with the COO and have a huge impact on the company’s bottom line. You’ll be challenged and pushed, and have the opportunity to grow professionally at an otherwise unimaginable speed.
You will lead the growth and scaling of the company. This will include defining go-to-market strategies for its new products and verticals, strategizing and executing on the growth of products and markets through the entire funnel.
Responsibilities may include:
- Optimizing the company’s presence in our ecosystem partners’ communities (for example: Shopify, Monday, Intercom, Hubspot, Wix and more)
- Design and execute strategies to increase and optimise user growth. This includes working at the awareness, acquisition and activation stages as well as building out marketing and product features to drive user retention and referrals.
- Heavy focus on video platforms such as Tiktok and Youtube.
- Combine your skills in digital marketing, analytics and product management to find and implement creative, unconventional and cost-efficient channels to build a customer base as well as supplier base and grow the business.
- Creating and executing (hands-on) marketing strategies which will include influencer marketing, co-marketing, partnerships, performance marketing, and anything else that can drive significant growth for the company.
- Experimenting and identifying channels to test, running tests, perform customer/audience segmentation analysis, develop social media presence and find ways to optimise these channels.
- Understand social media and marketing channels as well as customer behaviour.
- Working closely with the COO, product and sales teams to build viral and growth loops to shape the product to self-grow.
- Experiment and iterate your ideas to find effective ways to reach potential and existing customers.
Your creativity, excellence, and passion will be Tolstoy’s secret sauce. You will be required to think outside the box and hustle. You’ll be responsible for negotiating needle-moving partner deals, as well as identifying new markets and opportunities for the company to pursue, in order to reach our growth goals.
Your ability to execute will define Tolstoy’s differentiation in the market, and directly impact the company’s bottom line.
This is a full-time role based in Tel Aviv.
- Relentless in your pursuit of growth and want to disrupt the industry
- Have a proven track record of growing a metric through strategic marketing and/or product management
- Proven track record of growing products through your ideas and experimentation
- Entrepreneurial and willing to take risks, experiment, do unconventional things to grow and get attention
- Familiar with different viral marketing tactics, referral marketing and knowledge of some of the world’s fastest-growing startups and how they implemented different ideas.
- Ambitious. You shoot for the stars, and are able to close deals that other companies at our stage don’t even dream of.
- Creative. This is what makes you different from every other candidate. You think out of the box and can analyze complex problems from multiple angles.
- A self starter. You have a can-do and ownership mentality. You’re not expected to know everything; instead, you know how to learn.
- You can lead complex projects and keep multiple parallel work streams on track.
- Analytical. You enjoy breaking down complex problems into chewable building blocks, making projections, and analyzing data.
- A great teammate. You will collaborate across Marketing, Product, Sales, and other teams at Tolstoy. You can build a strong network of cross-functional relationships and use them to get things done. You will teach the organization about competitive insights and how we should adapt based on them.
At Tolstoy, we're looking for people with passion, grit, and integrity. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match the job description. Your skills and passion will stand out—and set you apart—especially if your career has taken some extraordinary twists and turns.