Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
Kaltura is looking for an experienced and ambitious leader, to lead our HTML5 Video Player SDK development team
You'll take part of the Player Group management, design and deliver HTML5 Video Player solutions to millions of people around the world.
In this role you will:
- Lead a team of skilled and passionate FE & SDK engineers, guide and mentor them.
- Design and develop complex components independently, dealing with advanced architectural issues Work in an agile development process
- Work and collaborate with our Video Player Mobile SDK Developers, QA engineers, Product and Support teams.
- Develop new utilities, apps and methodologies to make the player easy to integrate and fun to use over desktops, mobile devices, TV’s and more
- Plan and execute cool & innovative player features
- Guide Customers integrations with the SDK
- Preact, ES6+, Typescript, Flow, Brightscript
- Build tools – Webpack, Babel
- CSS Modules
- Karma, Mocha, Chai
- 2 years as FE Team lead
- B.Sc degree in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent
- Good product understanding
- Good Knowledge of web application architecture
- Solid understanding and experience with working on web technologies such as REST, HTTP, JSON
- Background with HTML5 Video.
- HLS and DASH streaming technologies.
- Video DRM systems.
- React, React Native, Redux.
- Smart TVs.
- Experience with SDK development.