As a FortiEDR Escalation Engineer, you will be part of the top-notch technical support organization, working alongside our global exceptional team of professionals in Engineering, QA, Security, and Product Support. You will be working as an integral part of the Support team, being the main link between Support and Product Development and developing and maintaining tools to accelerate customer ticket handling. This will involve a wide range of skills, including mentoring Support engineers, reading source code, log files, dump files, network and endpoint traces in order to track down field related product malfunctions, updating internal tools and writing internal and external Knowledge Base articles.
You will be responsible for analyzing and resolving complex and challenging issues, and communicating the methods used to the Support team to help them build on their skills. Where bugs or product improvements are identified, you will be responsible for coordinating with the development organization and prioritizing the required work to ensure that the customers get their issues resolved in a timely manner.
Ultimately, you will have a large part in driving the quality of FortiEDR product forward, either by yourself or by coordinating activities of different departments in the business unit.You will also be part of a team building and maintaining tools which allow the Support organization to analyze data and diagnose problems quickly and efficiently. This will require being able to read, write and edit scripts, primarily in Python, Bash, and Java. Updating these tools to work with new iterations of our product releases, ensuring the high standards of Support, and that the Support organization is able to carry out their tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Demonstrable experience in a technical (CS related) field or B.Sc.
- 3 years of experience in Technical Support/Escalation engineer/IT-Ops role.
- Proven hands-on experience and understanding of operating systems.
- Experience with Cloud (preferably Google Cloud, but not necessary); GCP or AWS Certifications are preferred.
- Good understanding of Shell scripting and/or programming languages, Python scripting is preferred.
- Extended knowledge and experience with network protocol and structures.
- Ability to work with several interfaces in parallel and matrix management skills.
- Motivated and Self Learning abilities.
- Excellent analytical and bigger picture problem-identifying/solving skills with a strong sense of customer commitment.
- Experience with Virtual and/or Cloud based Environments (such as VMWareESXi, or Hyper-V, GCP and AWS.)