Have you ever lost velocity on the team when you needed it the most, because your most knowledgeable engineers were on a call to ramp up others to a new codebase and you felt that it shouldn’t be this way?
At Swimm we believe that all engineers should have a “swimmlined” environment where onboarding, outdated documents, or project switching will never slow you down.With Swimm’s Continuous Documentation, code-coupled docs in your CI and IDE are continuously updated and synced with your code, making Dev teams more inclusive and overhead substantially reduced.
At Swimm we work in a Squad structure. . Each squad owns a different domain in the product and develop features end-to-end from design to production In Swimm we develop a Saas application for syncing documents with code. Our client side is implemented in Vue and our backend is written in node.js. We are very tech savvy and like to move fast.
The main goals for the Engineering manager role at this key phase for Swimm are:
- Facilitating a product-oriented Engineering org, focused on business outcomes.
- Help to drive effective and efficient Engineering processes that provide high quality, fast iterations and rapid team growth.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with the Product,and Customer Success orgs in the company.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the org.
- Build a strong and collaborative team
- Own a domain within the product
In this role, you will also be responsible for:
- Recruit 4-5 developer in a short timeframe
- Build and retain a strong team
- Drive initiatives internally with the team and cross-team initiatives in the R&D
- Minimum 4 years of frontend software development experience in either React, Vue or AngularJS.
- Minimum 3 years of backend software development experience, preferably in NodeJS.
- Proven experience in architecture of design systems and components
- Creative problem-solver
- Highly motivated and can do attitude
- Great communication skills
- Minimum 4 years of experience leading a team of 5+ developers
- Experience building and maintaining a Saas application at scale in production
- People growth and mentorship mindset
Swimm is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.