- Published: August 4, 2021
Upstream is looking for a talented Engineering Manager to join the Engineering department team
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for driving the technical and strategic vision, evolution, and innovation of Upstream’s data platform services and infrastructure. Partner closely with peer teams within the engineering org to execute the vision for long-term success for holistic big data management.Lead technical change through continuous re-evaluation and reinvention of our services and operational abilities to align with Upstream’s data platform’s vision and ambitious goals. Lead and grow a team of best-in-class talent of distributed systems engineers. Engage and influence cutting edge Open Source projects (e.g. Apache Presto). If you are a talented and hardworking individual with great energy and initiative for our solution we want to hear from you!
This role is full-time and is Israel based
- You have a passion for solving hard problems. You can bring your experience in database systems or data warehousing in helping solve hard problems in the Data Lake world
- You have demonstrated technical acumen and breadth of experience as a distributed systems engineer before transitioning into management
- You have worked with and understand Big Data technologies like Spark, Presto, Kafka
- You are an exceptional communicator that can distill complex technical paradigms into easily understandable literature. You have proven ability to provide technical direction across the organization and influence stakeholders at all levels
- BS or MS in computer science or related field.
- 5+ years of experience in software development with at least 2 years of management experience
- Strong track record of delivering high-quality software while leading teams of 3 to 10 engineers
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence and collaboration rather than pure authority
- Ability to make key decisions in a timely manner while simultaneously weighing the needs and input of multiple stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication ,with a bias toward action and follow-through