- Published: July 17, 2019
monday.com is looking for an Engineering Group Lead to be responsible for multiple teams of top talents, empowering them to achieve their goals, mentoring and supporting them in their professional development to grow and excel. You’ll play a significant part in building and scaling both the product and the R&D. Our product is already serving millions of users worldwide and you’ll join our fast-growing R&D that is based in our headquarters, Tel Aviv, Israel.
About The Role
- Scale a development group - recruiting top talents, mentoring, building processes, engineering culture, etc.
- Managing multiple teams and mentor managers.
- Be both a technical leader and people manager.
- Set clear expectations and context to create a positive work environment based on accountability and ownership.
- You will work closely with the builders - our product, designers, and developers - to execute our roadmap as well as keeping constant communication with the client-facing teams.
- You will be exposed to all aspects of the company, be a part of the R&D senior leadership, helping create our culture, processes, work methods, and more while we scale more than 300% YoY.
- Our stack - node.js, Ruby on Rails, React/Redux, Elastic Search, MySQL, Redis
- Impact-driven, user, and business-oriented. Passion for building high-end products and cultivating great engineering culture.
- 5+ years of proven hands-on technical engineering management experience.
- 2+ years of proven experience leading development groups or high-complexity engineering teams
- Ability to scale out teams and groups, nurturing talents, and high-paced hiring.
- Experienced in complicated software architectures of high concurrency and scale, preferably in web and SaaS environments.
- Problem solver: Has the ability to break down complex requirements into actionable tasks.
- Excellent communicator: Ability to convey a message in a structured, purposeful way.
- Team player, strong communication skills, empathetic, and someone who thrives working in a fast-paced environment.