Energy Storage R&D Scale-Up Engineer
SolarEdge is a global leader in smart energy technology. By leveraging world-class engineering capabilities and with a relentless focus on innovation, SolarEdge creates smart energy solutions that power our lives and drive future progress. The company develops a full solution starting from the hardware and going through the embedded software and online monitoring of the hardware. On top of the wide range of hardware and software solutions, the cutting edge of business applications are being developed to reach new markets. With R&D and headquarters located in Israel, SolarEdge is the perfect platform to have an impact and design the next generation of products.
You will have the opportunity to take part in research and development in shaping SolarEdge next-generation energy storage devices as Energy storage R&D Research assistance.
The Scale-up Engineer will be responsible for and participate in a hands-on machinery operation according to the company goals.
What will you be doing:
- Preparation and assembly of large-scale lithium-ion batteries from slurry mixing to spreading and cell assembly.
- Perform in-house machinery tuning, maintenance and function of the large-scale preparation and assembly systems.
- Take part in scale-up process development, including data extraction and analysis according to the team’s needs.
- Support and participate in scale-up team process from research to development.
- Maintenance of Scale-up laboratory supply and equipment needs and laboratory function.
- From time to time, traveling to major company manufacturing sites (locally and overseas) according to the company needs and tasks in accordance with the role.
- B.Sc. engineer - process engineer, chemistry or materials
- Chemistry laboratory hand-on skills
- Proven experience with experiment design and results analysis
- Preferably experience in energy storage and/or battery cell manufacturing machinery
- Experienced working with solvents and powders, glove-box and dry-room environment is an advantage
- Good documentation methods and practice are essential.
- Must have a team-player approach
Fluent speaking and writing in English are an advantage
SolarEdge is a global leader in manufacturing smart energy solutions. We are one of the top Israeli companies on NASDAQ and are the only Israeli company included in the S&P 500. Our broad range of products has revolutionized the way electricity is produced and consumed worldwide, in homes and in commercial facilities.
To learn our story, see this short video.