- Published: December 18, 2020
Forter is looking for a Director of Product Engineering to lead our product teams and solution integration teams, reporting to the VP of Engineering.
Forter provides new generation fraud prevention to meet the challenges faced by modern enterprise e-commerce. Only Forter provides fully automated, real-time Decision as a Service™ fraud prevention, with approve/decline decisions backed by a 100% chargeback guarantee. The system eliminates the need for rules, scores or manual reviews, making fraud prevention friction-free. The result is fraud prevention that is invisible to buyers and empowers merchants with increased approvals, smoother checkout, and the near elimination of false positives - meaning more sales and happier customers. Behind the scenes, Forter’s machine learning technology combines advanced cyber intelligence with behavioral and identity analysis to create a multi-layered fraud detection mechanism.
We processed eCommerce transactions worth over $200B$ in 2020, and decided on billions of critical decisions. We have thousands of our customers’ employees (B2B) using our products on a day to day basis, to improve their consumers’ experience and learn about relevant trends in their business.
If this kind of working environment sounds exciting to you, if you understand that Engineering is about building the most effective and elegant solution within a given set of constraints - consider applying for this position. But hold on, you best check the position requirements below first 🙂
Stuff you’ll be doing:
- Deliver. Forter Engineering is the engine that propels the business. Our goal is to support the company’s hyper-growth while defaulting to “Yes”. It’s not about saying yes all the time, but rather have a seat at the table and offer clear tradeoffs and suggestions to make good business decisions.
- Manage processes to help the team do its best work and engage effectively with the rest of Forter.
- Recruit great engineers and engineering managers, in collaboration with the recruiting team
- Develop Staff and Principal engineers on the team, helping them advance in their careers
- Mentor and coach managers to create healthy and well-executing teams
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Forter’s engineering management team
- Work closely with our Product, Analytics, Ops, Marketing, and Sales teams to build products our customers would love to use on a daily basis
- Work closely with our engineering teams and product team to help to prioritize initiatives that would increase the effectiveness of our Customer Success, Finance, and Ops teams.
- Lead the project management of huge projects (>10-20 people) that require complex coordination with other groups and teams at Forter
- Managed managers for 4+ years
- Experience growing teams of 25+ engineers
- Experience in building large scale B2B SaaS products, in a full-stack manner, from front end to infrastructure
- Extensive experience and a genuine passion for building and running cutting-edge product engineering teams
- Successfully recruited and built great teams
- Successfully led a project with more than 10 engineers working on it from various teams
- The ability to work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- 8+ years developing complex software projects
- Extensive experience working with public clouds (AWS / GCP / Azure)
- Hold yourself and others to a high bar when working with production
- Excellent presentation skills - can talk and explain at the right level of abstraction to different audiences
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
We’d especially love to hear from you if:
- Are confident representing your agenda and opinions in a business full of engaged, passionate people
- You designed and launched products - side projects or massive B2B/B2C products