Director of Data Engineering
Here at Lightricks, an award-winning mobile app startup, we’re in the process of scaling up our backend systems in order to meet the growth of the company and our user base. We are looking for an experienced data leader for our Data engineering group at Lightricks.
The Data Engineering group at Lightricks is responsible for providing the technological solutions that best fits the business needs as reflected by the different data producers and consumers within the company, including product teams, BI analysts, marketing analysts, finance, data scientists, other backend teams and more.
- Reporting directly to the COO.
- Work together with the different data producers and data consumers within the company and the data organization in order to understand their needs and work processes regarding their data and API needs and limitations.
- Develop a deep understanding of the company’s vision and strategic planning and make sure our data infrastructure is built to support the same ideas.
- Identify bottlenecks in internal data processes and work to resolve them by planning and delivering technological solutions such as automating processes, optimizing data delivery and storage, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, integrating external tools etc.
- Integrate new tools and solutions that can empower the company’s data consumers and help assimilate them.
- Lead a team of senior data engineers in providing a set of technological solutions best fitting with business needs.
- 4+ years of experience in leading and mentoring a technical team of engineers, leading technical projects, understanding business needs and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
- 5+ years hands-on experience designing, building and optimizing data-intensive systems.
- Experience designing and building data-intensive architecture.
- Experience managing payloads running on a major cloud provider.
- Experience developing in Java, Scala, Python or any other major programming language.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in rapidly changing stacks and environments.
- Familiarity with global privacy and security regulations and certification process (GDPR, CCPA, SOC, etc.) as well as an understanding of privacy best practices.
- Functional programming and streaming systems experience, including hands-on experience designing, building and optimizing stream processing (Flink, Storm, Spark Streaming etc.) or functional systems
- Experience with SQL, data modeling, and relational database as well as a deep understanding of ETL and data warehousing concepts, methodologies, and frameworks
- Experience working with data-science and research teams or equivalent MLOps tooling experience
- Experience running payloads at major scale, handling tens of thousands of events per second and dozens of sources