- Published: November 15, 2021
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer, you will become a valuable member of a brilliant and fast-growing R&D team. You will have a major part in meeting the challenges of architecture, scale, and innovation, you will maintain and build our infrastructure and design and extend our tooling used to provide a reliable and scalable service.
At Riskified, we review millions of transactions per day and make very fast decisions that are part of our customers' critical business flow. We collect and analyze terabytes of textual, behavioral, social, geographical, and other types of data, and use machine learning algorithms to create the world’s best fraud detection system.
We believe that our talented and brilliant developers are the key to a scalable and innovative product. We work in small teams, enabling each developer to have a significant impact on our customers' payment flow and risk management.
We use an interesting and mixed technology stack that supports our data pipeline, model training, and decision-making engine (Scala, Akka Stream, Kafka, Kinesis, DynamoDB, Redshift), as well as, merchant-facing and operational applications (Ruby on Rails, Angular) and scalable infrastructure (Micro Services, Kubernetes).
What You'll Be Doing
- Design, build and manage our cloud-native infrastructure in AWS and GCP
- Help establish standards and practices that will be used across all microservices
- Help build and maintain our product release workflow and continuous integration/delivery systems
- Understand, implement, and automate security controls, governance processes, and compliance validation
- Play a key role in product planning and execution
- At least 2 years prior experience as an SRE/DevOps Engineer
- Extensive experience working with cloud platforms (preferably AWS or GCP) including Terraform
- In-depth knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with Istio - Advantage
- At least 1 year of programming experience, or the ability to demonstrate strong programming proficiency
- Experience with Build/Deploy/Continuous Integration tools
- Proficient with monitoring tools
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently
- Proficiency in Go - Advantage
- History of working with the OSS community (tickets, PR, meetups) - Advantage