We're looking for a DBA Team Lead to join our rapidly growing R&D team. This is an amazing opportunity to join one of Israel's fastest-growing startups and make an immediate and real impact on the future of our product.
Our engineers aren't just executors of code; they're brilliant end-to-end thinkers who are incredibly independent and self-managed. This is the kind of environment where initiative is rewarded, and the sky's the limit in terms of what you can accomplish.
MySQL, PostgreSQL, ProxySQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Elasticsearch, Redis, Memcached, Ruby, Node.js, AWS, Linux
While all Monday engineers have good Infrastructure skills and understanding, the Infrastructure Group is focused on building tools to help them be more productive
We are focused on development flow productivity, building application infrastructure, and production resilience. We have huge challenges related to hyper-growth of engineering, application, and data scale.
About The Role:
- Ownership of the whole data domain of the main production platform.
- Overseeing our databases in a high scale production environment.
- Building our data-related features, and managing our data sources on application and infrastructure levels.
- Establish the vision for scaling out data as we grow and directly impacting the future of our product from UI to the database.
- Working closely with engineering teams, taking full responsibility and ownership from conception to post-deployment in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Team management skills while staying hands-on.
- Experience of at least 5+ years with data streaming applications, performance optimization, and scaling out data across the world.
- Proven experience with managing production high throughput SQL and NoSQL databases like MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Experienced with POCing different Big Data technologies and rolling out new solutions to the production environment like Druid, Clickhouse, Cassandra, or DynamoDB.
- Great skills in seeing the big picture and system architecture planning.
- Coding experience in high throughput real-time data processing as well as for analytic systems.
- Team player, egoless, strong communication skills, and empathy.
- Degree in Computer Science (not a must; we're always looking for super talented people)