- Published: October 17, 2021
A top-notch data-driven company. We’re growing so fast (200M users) that we’re collecting more data than we can monetize. Our Data Science group consists of ~50 people, of which there are 20+ data scientists and others (engineering, curation, and labeling) that help us make our projects successful and impactful for Wix. We apply SOTA Machine Learning techniques to Wix’s data to improve the product, internal processes, and personalization for users, which in turn improves our profitability.
We’re looking for a Data Science team leader who’s passionate about data science, and specifically with time-series projects, to lead our Forecasting team.
As Data Science Team Leader, you will:
- Direct our forecasting models, which serve as a compass to our management with all revenue-related issues.
- Manage and mentor a team of talented data scientists.
- Serve as the technical expert of the team, providing high-level guidance on all projects.
- Direct and define projects based on the business requirements of relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct advanced analysis, then design and code appropriate solutions using machine-learning, and communicating with all business partners.
An extremely talented Data Scientist with at least 5 years of experience in data science, machine learning, and/or deep learning. You have a deep understanding of classical ML & DL algs for a wide spectrum of problems and domains and are familiar with time-series projects
You have the technical know-how to advise team members, the managerial skills to prioritize and advance projects, and the interpersonal skills to communicate data science to non-technical management. You also have a practical machine learning experience with Python. You’re willing to work hands-on, potentially working on your own projects while managing the team.
You have profound business acumen and are able to communicate model’s internals and externals to management, while also incorporating external feedback into the models.
Major bonus points if you:
- Have managerial experience
- Have experience with time series models (Arima, Prophet, Lstms…)
- Have an MSc or Ph.D. in Math, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or an equivalent field