monday.com is looking for Data Scientist to drive the company’s growth using deep business understanding, technological tools and data insights to empower monday’s internal teams. You will join our BigBrain group based in our headquarters, Tel Aviv, Israel.
The BigBrain group is taking big data into its own hands! We manage the data backbone of our company that allows monday.com to thrive off of A/B testing, analyzing tools, dashboards, and much more! It is different from systems that can be defined as external bi systems, BigBrain is the engine of the organization from which we make decisions based on its insights, change strategies and set strategies based on the data and insight.
Our BigBrain Data team is basically building the DWH from scratch! This team is doing everything end to end, responsible for the infrastructure, modeling, building the ETLs, and developing and scheduling all in airflow. they are working with cross-company stakeholders - Product domains, finance, HR, marketing, sales, and many more.
Come and check out our Engineering Blog - https://engineering.monday.com/
About The Role
- You will own and lead your own Machine Learning domains within the Big Brain group- you will do so by working with a highly capable team of developers, data engineers, analysts and product managers. You’ll take full ownership and have a massive impact on the company.
- Your work will range as needed - from enhancing our customer support processes with automated replies using NLP models and up to working closely with our core product teams on personalized used experience. You will innovate wherever you can to bring more value to our end users.
- You will collect and analyze a wide range of inputs to identify Machine Learning opportunities which can help our company’s goals. You will do so by transforming business or product problems into machine learning initiatives.
- You will manage a portfolio of machine learning models. Maintaining a healthy mix of short term and long term projects to be able to provide business value without composing on more complex and innovative approaches.
- You will run Machine Learning experiments and will always strive to measure the impact of your work in production in order to assess if we should keep forward or terminate a project.
Being a Data Scientist in monday.com
Your work will influence the day-to-day work of more than 100,000 businesses (and counting). It’s a lot, but in many aspects, we feel that we’re just getting started. You’ll be a full owner of your machine learning domains and in a great position to make a real impact on the entire company. We’re looking for a stellar Data Scientist who is passionate about building innovative,efficient and personalized products, while working with a world-class team of engineers, designers and product managers. Someone who always starts with the ideal end state first and works backward from it, challenging all current assumptions.You must be comfortable with being both strategic and hands-on, operating in a hyper-growth environment and have no fear of failing, and getting back on your feet again.
Why BigBrain ?
The Big Brain group is the “behind the scene engine” which runs our monday.com platform. The teams within the group are responsible for all the data applications, A/B testing tools and data science models that are being used across the company. We use data to run the company and empower decision makers to decide on their actions with confidence. Big Brain is the heart and soul which helps bring to life our data-driven culture in every aspect of our work.
- 2+ years of practical experience as a Data Scientist, preferably in a hyper-growth company
- MSc in data science, operations research, statistics, computer science, industrial engineering or a related quantitative field, PhD an advantage.
- Excellent SQL skills, and proficiency in R or Python.
- Hands-on experience in ML.
- Business orientation with a proven record of leveraging business decisions by data-driven scientific research.
- Top-notch communication skills, ability to clearly formulate and articulate the problem in hand, approaches to solutions, and results. (even to non scientists)
- Own end-to-end production-grade projects that solve complex business problems.
- You are a fast learner, adaptive, and feel at home in a fast paced, ever-changing environment.