- Published: June 14, 2021
ThetaRay is the leading provider of AI-based Big Data analytics.
ThetaRay is looking for a Data Science Team Leader to lead internal and external teams working on customer-facing projects that combine data science with deep knowledge and understanding of machine learning and big data technologies to create solutions for customers’ challenges and needs, as well as defining and developing appropriate technical and business solutions. In addition, the hire will lead an additional Data Science team focused on developing robust productized solutions on the ThetaRay platform.
ThetaRay - who we are and what we do? ThetaRay is dedicated to helping financial organizations combat financial crimes. Financial crime may be money laundering facilitating malicious crimes such as terrorist financing, narco trafficking, and human trafficking, which negatively impact the global economy.
Our full stack capabilities allow us to run our Unsupervised and Semi-Supervised AI solutions to enable clients to manage risk, detect suspicious schemes, uncover operational issues, and reveal valuable new growth opportunities.
The role will manage teams that work closely with ThetaRay’s Product Management, Algorithm, R&D, and lead external partners to successful implementations of the ThetaRay platform and solutions as part of the Customer Success journey.
- Lead the global Data Science team including members from both Customer Success and R&D departments
- Build and manage technical relationships with customers and delivery partners
- Provide business knowledge leadership in order to develop solutions internal and external
- Supervise design & implementation of Customer-specific AI technical solution throughout project life cycles as well as productized solutions
- Provide product requirements input to the Product Management team
- Manage customer and partner facing training courses on the system – usage and monitoring aspects in the Data Science domain
- Extract insights and actionable recommendations from large volumes of data and Investigate anomalies in Big Data
- Work on various data sources and apply sophisticated feature engineering capabilities to detect financial crime
- Travel to customer locations abroad
- 4+ years of experience as a data scientist
- 1+ years of leadership experience in the data domain
- BSc in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Economics or another related field (MSc advantage)
- Proven professional experience in data analytics for financial services with strong data wrangling and forensic skills
- Experience working directly with customers. Advantage – financial customers
- Must have Hands-on experience and knowledge of scripting languages: Python/PySpark as well as DS workflow management tools including MLflow, Airflow, etc.
- Hands-on experience using Big Data and statistical analysis tools such as Hadoop/Spark, SQL, and Matlab
- Working experience with Linux OS (Redhat/Ubuntu)
- Unsupervised Learning & Anomaly Detection
- NLP (Natural Language Processing)
- Graph Algorithms
- Spanish/French fluency