Optimove is the Data-First Relationship Marketing Hub, used by over 500 customer-centric businesses to drive measurable growth by scaling customer engagement. We’re obsessed with what drives customer behavior and strive to provide our clients the solution to foster long-lasting customer relationships. The Optimove family is 250-strong, spread over six locations: New York, London, Tel Aviv, Singapore, Ukraine & Mumbai.
As a Data Integration Groups manager, you will oversee a strong energetic, and fast-growing global team.
- Provide direct leadership to several (3 or 4) Team Leads, managing about 20 talented data Integration engineers. Ensuring they are given clear direction, that they have the necessary technical and professional skills to succeed, and are in an environment in which they can deliver their best work
- Provide hands-on leadership, mentorship, and coaching in the day-to-day delivery of work. That means helping the team leads and their team plan their work, and providing proactive support for both technical and managerial aspects
- Lead the ongoing development, distribution, and application of data engineering best practice and tools, including automation and scripts to reduce manual/ bespoke work, across the Data Integration team
- Develop strategic relationships with internal clients and partners (CSM team, Tech Org), take the time to develop a deep understanding of their requirements, and partner with them on data integration decisions
- Support your team and the CSMs with clients’ discussions and escalations related to the team’s domain of expertise, planned and ongoing projects, incidents, etc.
- Provide thought leadership in the space of data engineering, lead our relationship with key technology partners, and ensure we are continually evolving the way we operate to take advantage of industry developments.
- Partner with HR teams to attract, motivate and develop an exceptional and diverse talent base
- Be part of Optimove Delivery Data & Tech practice leadership, nurturing strong, open, and collaborative relationships with other specialist teams
- Graduate with a degree in Industrial Engineering / Computer Science/ other Engineering, or a similar major
- 2+ years of experience as Team Lead of 4 or more ICs’
- Experience with databases and SQL
- Outstanding technical and analytical skills
- Highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- working within teams building reliable data integrations and manipulations infrastructure, demonstrating accountability and complexity
- Experience building reliable, scalable and accurate ETL pipelines (with and without ETL tools), and automating ETL pipelines with Airflow or similar
- Experience working with Big Data technologies, preferably including experience with Snowflake, Airflow, and MSSQL
- Experience establishing the right tools and processes to enable teams to rapidly and reliably build, deploy and run data solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills, demonstrating an ability to work well with and positively influence teams, clients, colleagues, and sponsors
- An ability to communicate complex concepts at varying levels of knowledge and technical understanding
- Strategic and operational skills, with an ability to be pragmatic and adapt quickly in demanding and dynamic environments
- Managing and mentoring team leads responsible for small teams of ICs - advantage
- Familiarity with Python, Airflow, ETL tools, Snowflake and MSSQL
- Hands-on with VCS (Git)