When a container ship sails across the ocean, it generates over 5 GB of data. Every. Single. Day. It’s mission-critical data that supports a mission-critical industry; global freight.
With $19 trillion dollars of goods traded every single year, global freight is a big deal (both figuratively and literally). This is why the world’s largest companies - manufacturers, suppliers, logistics companies, tech companies, and financial companies crave data more than you craved a burrito at 2 am.
We’re querying the world’s database for a customer-facing Data Analyst. One who speaks both data and English natively. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insights, insights into business decisions, and flour into cookies (the last item is negotiable)...
- Unleash a world of insights, by interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques (glad those stat classes are coming in handy), and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics, and other data strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality, all while ensuring that we use the word data a whole lot.
- Work directly with customers and partners, both in pre-sale and post-sale, learn their requirements, close deals, and set up data reports.
- We don’t have a monopoly on global data. Need something else? Data shopping spree time! You’ll acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- At least 2 years of working experience as a Data Analyst or Business Data Analyst
- At least 2 years of working experience in Python
- Technical expertise in data models, database design development, data mining, and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of and experience with databases such as BigQuery, MySQL.
- Adept at SQL queries, report writing, and presenting findings (BI)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication and customer relations skills
- High level of English- written & verbal
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, MySQL, BigQuery etc)
- Knowledge in ETL/Data orchestration (Airflow)
- Native English speaker