- Published: July 25, 2021
WhiteSource is looking for a community manager to lead and run all related efforts in ensuring our new community thrives. The WhiteSource Community is the place for all open source enthusiasts to exchange ideas, consume knowledge, reach out to fellow members and professionals to discuss challenges in the AppSec field. The Community Manager will be responsible for all community aspects including gamification activities, content creation, promotion of knowledge material, and generating value to our community members. The community manager will work closely with multiple teams throughout the organization to improve processes and better system integrations. WhiteSource is the only all-in-one security, compliance, and reporting solution for managing open source components. Operating in real-time, by automatically and continuously scanning dozens of open source repositories, and cross-referencing this data directly against the open-source components.
- Innovate in community management, making the WS community a delight to use and a leading example in the open-source field.
- Nurture and grow a thriving community; pro-actively encourage discussion participation, promote thought leadership, increase overall engagement, and foster customer advocacy.
- Bring ideas to life, challenge things, be committed to the members, and always think about ways to help improve and execute our community strategy.
- Track the growth and success of the community, identify and address knowledge gaps, target underlying needs, spot members’ interests and promote relevant topics to make WhiteSource’s community sought out and regularly visited.
- Engage with internal departments to generate knowledge and targeted content materials. Support WhiteSource personnel in creating and maintaining dedicated community channels for their departmental needs.
- 2+ years of experience as a Community Manager in the software industry.
- Proven success in running an online user community for a SaaS company or community of builders, preferably one that has a strong developer focus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and ability to convey information clearly.
- Data-driven; measure, analyze and report on community activity, usage, and success metrics via the community platform’s reports and Google Analytics.
- Lead integrations with internal systems at WhiteSource. (e.g.Salesforce, Slack)
- Possess strong project management skills; action orientation, prioritization, time and project management skills. Have the ability to work independently.
- Have great communication and relationship-building skills. Learn, collect and share knowledge from different teams within the organization.
- Content creation, social media skills, or marketing experience -an advantage.