- Published: July 29, 2021
Intuition Robotics creates empathetic digital companions™ that positively impact people's lives. Using proprietary cognitive AI technology, as well as unique know-how, digital companions establish long-term relationships between people and technology, unlocking unprecedented engagement levels. Our goal is to use this breakthrough technology to help people live better, starting with older adults. The company was founded in 2016 and is based in Israel with offices in San Francisco, Atlanta, and Greece. Intuition Robotics' investors include Toyota Ventures, Samsung NEXT, iRobot, and Venture Capital firms from California, Israel, Japan, and China. The company's first product, ElliQ®, is an award-winning proactive social robot for older adults. ElliQ is aimed at keeping older adults healthy, active, and independent at home, bridging the gap between them and their healthcare providers. ElliQ won the New Product and Technology Awards Aging Award 2020, AI Breakthrough Award (2020 and 2018), CES Best of Innovation Award 2018, and more.
As a Conversation Designer at Intuition Robotics, your job is to teach a robot to speak with human beings. You will be responsible for the entire conversation design process for certain features. You will get to ideate, write sample scripts, create design specifications and manage elements of our NLU (Natural Language Understanding) system. Ultimately, as a member of the UX & Product Design team, you will work together with other designers, along with product managers and members of the R&D team, to develop multi-modal interactive experiences for ElliQ.
ElliQ is a digital companion geared towards assisting the elderly in maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle. ElliQ interacts with her elderly companions through multiple modalities including movement, sound, UI, LEDs and speech. As a conversational designer, you will focus on scripting ElliQ’s dialogue while maintaining a holistic approach that incorporates ElliQ’s full expressive potential.
- Ideate, design, and script conversational experiences.
- Work with an NLU (Natural Language Understanding) engine to create and maintain intents.
Research real user experiences and interactions to inform your design
In a nutshell:
We are looking for a talented conversation designer that will teach a robot to speak with human beings. You will be responsible for the entire conversation design process for certain features.
- Minimum of 3 years writing experience (digital content design, UX writing, and/or content strategy) with attention to detail and the ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Proven track record of defining, socializing, testing, iterating on, and delivering outstanding digital experiences
- Experience working in cross-functional teams in a fast-paced environment
- Native English speaker - A must close
- Experience as a conversational designer
- Experience as a UX designer
- Experience with Dialogflow or any other conversational design tool (i.e., building intents and flows)
- Education in writing, design, cinema, linguistics, or a similar field