- Published: September 23, 2021
Hi, we’re Carbyne. We’re on a mission to help emergency call centers save lives every day. As the leader in emergency collaboration technologies, we’re building a platform that brings game-changing capabilities to people in crisis, such as live video, instant chat, and location tracking. Our platform unifies the flow of life-saving information to emergency call centers, so they can handle emergencies faster than ever, and get to the right people, in the right place, at the right time. We currently provide services to over 400 million people in over eight countries around the world, and partner with Google, Cisco, Amazon, and Microsoft to deliver life-saving technologies. Want to join our mission-driven team? Read on.
About the role:
Carbyne is seeking an experienced security evangelist & leader to join our team. This role will be spent supporting our prospective and existing customers as they move to the cloud for their data governance, catalog, and privacy needs.
Here’s what you’ll be working on:
Reporting directly to the COO, Chief Information Security Officer at Carbyne will be responsible for:
- Operating with influence, integrity, precision, and communicating efficiently.
- Building Carbyne’s Office of the CISO: from rules of engagement, building relationships, outlining and improving field and security processes, to SLAs, the Office of the CISO is yours to design.
- Working hand-in-hand with the rest of the departments and other teams such as engineering, sales, legal, HR, product management, and marketing on security and cloud-related matters
- Collaborating with prospective and existing customers and partners to answer questions related to the security of Carbyne’s offering
- Working closely with the various global field teams to provide insight into Carbyne’s security program, capabilities, and roadmaps
- Supporting customer inquiries, questionnaires, reviewing contracts, answering questions, and conducting security calls
- Leveraging your diverse security knowledge and background to help improve and communicate Carbyne’s security strengths to the world
- Assisting other security functions, including supporting the team during security incidents and investigations, working with broad teams to advance the security posture of Carbyne, and helping dispel cloud technology myths and lore
- 3+ years as a previous CISO
- 10+ IT/Security experience across a wide range of disciplines
- 5+ years experience with Cloud Security, ideally supporting an “as a Service” product
- Experience in vendor-related contract reviews and legal processes
- Strong Security incident handling and remediation experience
- Knowledge and proficiency with security operations and engineering
- Ability to support comprehensive RFPs, addressing all compliance and regulations-related issues,
- Experience analyzing gaps and managing plans with R&D and product
- support R&D in regulation-related open issues and so on.
- Experience working in the NG911 industry and ability to provide best Practices around Zero Trust Architectures
Who You Are:
- Self-motivated, driven, and have the ability to execute with little supervision
- A security leader and an excellent collaborator
- Someone with a player/coach mentality
- An embracer and advocate of a growth mindset
- An expert with presentation and communication skills (adept in customer-facing situations)
- Desired certifications for this role include: CISSP, CISM, CEH, or similar
Reporting to Carbyne’s COO, measures of success are:
- Within your first month, you will have a good understanding of the way Carbyne delivers clouds solutions to our customers
- Within your third month, you will be a point of contact for pre-sales, sales, and customer success teams
- Within your sixth month, you will have hired additional staff and reduced sales friction related to security for our prospects & customers. You’ll also have created and enhanced the processes for our go-to-market teams approach to security
What else we’re looking for:
We’re a mission-driven team with a strong set of values. We take them pretty seriously here at Carbyne, and want to make sure that anyone who joins our team takes them seriously, too. If you grabbed coffee with any of our team members, you would see that we:
Innovate. We think differently, and don’t lean on standard conventions.Strive to be better. We’re always looking to improve. We define goals and measure ourselves against them regularly. Take ownership. We own our actions, complete our missions, and hold ourselves accountable for both. We care deeply about the success of Carbyne, our customers, our partners, and each other.Are customer-first. We focus on making sure our customers are successful, and we build trust and practice full transparency at all times.