- Published: September 9, 2021
Aleph is looking for an analytical, product-oriented individual to join the Business Development pod at our Platform team.
Aleph is an early stage venture capital fund with $550M under management, focused on partnering with great Israeli entrepreneurs to build large, meaningful companies and impactful global brands. Since its founding in 2013, Aleph has invested in over 50 companies including Lemonade, Bringg, JoyTunes, Melio, Healthy.io and Nexar.
Aleph’s Business Development pod leverages the Aleph network to generate business opportunities for portfolio companies and for the Israeli ecosystem at large.
Examples of what you will be doing:
*Facilitating sales-related introductions for Aleph's portfolio companies.
*Querying our database for startups outside of Aleph's portfolio to meet the interests of multinational corporations.
*Reviewing and handling business-related requests submitted by our portfolio, analyzing what did and didn't work to improve existing processes and products and develop new ones.
*Owning and maintaining relationships with stakeholders in the Aleph portfolio, to ensure maximum engagement.
*Examining Aleph's network to identify people with whom we should strengthen our relationships. Initiating and maintaining these relationships for the entire fund.
*Reviewing search logs and drawing conclusions about failed searches and patterns.
*Joining (and with time - leading) meetings with startups and multinational corporations.
*Constantly iterating about how to AUTOMATE and PRODUCTIZE everything we do.
This is a full time position at our Tel Aviv office. Please note it's NOT an investment or deal-flow related role.
* BA degree (in any field - you name it!) or at least two years of relevant work experience in data analysis, community management, inside sales or business development.
* Familiarity with the startup ecosystem.
* Hard worker - this is NOT a glamorous networking position. While being a people-person can contribute to success in this role, our approach to business development is analytical, process driven and requires digging-in and constantly developing our database and products, rather than attending meetups.
* Process oriented, analytical mindset. If you manage a personal CRM or you are curious about how to model relationships, you are likely to enjoy much of what we do.
* Fast learner, highly organized, "rosh gadol" can-do approach - embraces and enjoys new challenges. Do you have history of independent work, showing you initiated projects and solved problems on your own? Write to us about it.
* Fluent oral and writing skills in English and Hebrew.
* Past product management, data modeling or data analysis experience.
* A working knowledge of SQL database queries or Business Intelligence dashboards and reports.
Please note that upon applying candidates will be asked to complete online assignments.