As a Big Data Engineer in Otonomo , you will play an integral role in shaping the company’s core business and in designing and building our data pipelines and infrastructure. Your work will be used in our behavior intelligence platform that empowers organizations to drive strategic, data-driven decisions by transforming vast amounts of data and activity signals into actionable, impactful and monetizable insights
Who we are:
Otonomo (NASDAQ:OTMO) fuels a data ecosystem of OEMs, smart cities, fleets, and more than 100 service providers spanning the transportation, mobility and automotive industries.
With more than 4 billion data points per day globally, from over 40 million vehicles, and massive amounts of mobility demand data from multimodal sources, our platform reshapes and enriches data, and serves it to multiple service providers - improving the mobility and transportation experience world wide. Otonomo provides deeper visibility, mobility intelligence and actionable insights that empower strategic data-driven decisions - taking the guesswork out of mobility and transportation planning, deployment and operations.
Privacy by design and neutrality are at the core of our platform, which enables GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy-regulation-compliant solutions for both personal and aggregate data. Use cases include city planning, emergency services, mapping, traffic management, EV management, subscription-based services, micro-mobility, parking, predictive maintenance, insurance, media, in-vehicle services, and dozens more.
What you’ll be doing:
- Be responsible for the development of an effective, coherent, reliable and phased data architecture that will help the business grow and change
- Develop and maintain processes to acquire, analyze, store, cleanse, and transform large datasets using tools like Spark, Kafka, Hive etc.
- Contribute to the development, review, and maintenance of requirements documents, technical design documents, and functional specifications
- Help design innovative, customer-centric solutions based on a deep knowledge of large-scale, data-driven technology
- Work with data engineers and data scientists to drive adoption of the platform
- At least 5 years’ experience in software development (Java/Scala)
- At least 2 years’ experience in Spark and other distributed data processing frameworks
- Experience working with AWS EMR Tools and Utilities (Spark History Server, Ganglia, etc.)
- Experienced in ETL processes
- Experienced in SQL (ex. Postgres) and noSQL databases (MongoDB, Redis, Aerospike)
- Experienced in high performance real-time systems development
- Experience in AI, BI and machine learning projects
- Experience working on AWS, Azure or other cloud providers for big data
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science (or equivalent), or a veteran of a technological army unit.
- Be able to learn by yourself quickly and efficiently
- A problem solver mindset and s strong interest in new technologies
- Experience in building and optimizing big-data pipelines and architectures
What would be a bonus:
- Experienced with Python
- Experience in search engine systems such as ElasticSearch and Solr
- Experience in stream processing frameworks such as Flink, Spark Streaming, Storm
Why join us:
- Our team was founded by veterans in the mobile data space who have previously founded several successful exited startups, including Traffix, which was acquired by F5 networks (NASDAQ: FFIV). We are innovative professionals who are passionate about Big Data and the Automotive domain. The team at Otonomo is known to be very friendly and frequently hang out together outside of work.
- We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ:OTMO) in the rapidly growing automotive data ecosystem. Our partners and customers include Fortune 500 companies, leading car manufacturers, international consultancies, mobility startups, municipalities and governments, developers, and more.
- We are pioneers in the emerging field of vehicle data. Otonomo’s vehicle data is utilized in a variety of verticals including parking apps, insurtech, fintech, navigational apps, weather prediction services, hazard and emergency services, traffic management departments, and more.
- Working with us offers a dynamic experience to explore your talents, learn new technologies and open up to new horizons.