- Published: January 10, 2022
Riskified empowers merchants and shoppers to realize the full potential of eCommerce by making it safe, accessible, and frictionless. Our global team helps the world’s most-innovative eCommerce merchants eliminate risk and uncertainty from their business. Merchants integrate Riskified’s machine learning platform to create trusted customer relationships, driving higher sales while reducing costs. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for global brands and fast-growing businesses across industries, including Wayfair, Wish, Peloton, Gucci, and many more. As of July 29th, 2021, Riskified has begun trading on NYSE under the ticker RSKD.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
- Big data analysis is at the core of our technology. Riskified’s broad spectrum of departments - From data science to performance analytics, to customer support and finance - All depend on fast and easy access to high volume data. Our growth heavily depends on a system that can quickly and efficiently process data at scale.
- Our revolutionary approach for Data Science, a key component in our success, relies heavily on our Big Data team to digest, process and serve data produced by billions of events per day.
Our key data pipelines include:
- Streaming events in near-real-time from multiple high-scale production services into our data lake
- Processing data for our complex model training flow. Data pipelines supporting complex fraud detection patterns, potentially preventing fraud on a scale of millions of dollars per day (!)
Our Technological Stack includes: Scala/Spark, Dynamodb, Elasticsearch, Airflow, Snowflake, AWS, Kafka, Kubernetes, and more.
What You'll Be Doing
- Be a significant part of our data operation platform - support our model training pipeline that ingests terabytes of data and provides near real-time BI and analytics to our customers
- Architect highly scalable data solutions for diversified and complex data flows using Apache Spark
- Build and develop high-performance, near real-time ETL processes incorporating Apache Kafka
Experience in those areas
- Solving issues within the System Networking, Monitoring networks and systems to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Terraform, GitOps
- Improve Cloud System Security working with Okta, Vault, SSL, User mgmt, AWS Security like IAM Roles etc.
- Working with K8S services deployment process - k8s resources, kubectl, helm.
- Systems performance Monitoring and maintenance - Prometheus, Grafana etc .
- Troubleshooting issues across platforms.
- Designing and deploying Cloud Infra Services, and architecture.
- Development experience with Spark or similar frameworks - big advantage
- Experience with data lakes on Hadoop or cloud storage (S3 or similar)- an advantage
- Experience with Workflow engine and DB infrastructure maintenance
- B.Sc. in Computer Science from a leading university
Life at Riskified
We are a fast-growing and dynamic tech company with 650+ team members globally. We value collaboration and innovative thinking. We’re looking for bright, driven, and passionate people to grow with us.