Digital commerce is built on trust. At every point along the eCommerce journey, businesses must make a critical decision: Can I trust this customer? Answering this simple question accurately and instantly is powerful—it can accelerate revenue growth and strengthen a company’s connection with its customers. How do we do it? Forter was founded on the insight that it's not about what is being purchased, nor where— but who is behind the interaction.
The Forter Decision Engine finds patterns across more than one billion identities in our dataset. We isolate fraudsters and protect customers—ensuring everyone gets the experience they deserve. Given that trust is central to how we operate, Forter is very much driven by a defined set of values. We attract remarkable talent and have retention and engagement levels that are well above benchmarks. We’re meticulous about strengthening our culture as we grow and ensuring this is an environment where people can have outsized impact.
In this role, you should have a background in data and business analysis. You should be analytical and an excellent communicator. If you also have business acumen and problem-solving aptitude, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will enhance our business intelligence system to help us make better decisions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Translate business needs to technical specifications
- Design, build and deploy BI solutions
- Create and maintain ETL written in Python (e.g. Python/Pandas/Spark)
- Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
- Evaluate and improve existing BI systems
- Collaborate with teams to integrate systems
- Develop and execute data flows
- Proven experience as a Data engineer/ BI Developer / Data Scientist
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
- Proven experience in python - at least 2 years of experience
- Background in data warehouse design (dimensional modeling)
- In-depth understanding of database management systems, online analytical processing (OLAP) and ETL (Extract, transform, load) frameworks
- Knowledge of SQL complex queries
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving aptitude
- Would be very cool if you have:
- Industry experience is preferred
- Proven experience in python (Pandas/Spark).
- Data modeling experience
- Background in Data streams
- ML frameworks
- Our company is people focused, we care for our employees and it shows!
- We are rapidly growing with lots of opportunities to grow and develop
- At Forter, every other Sunday is ‘Appreciation Sunday’. That means you get 26 extra vacation days! (at the expense of Forter).
- Our product has a huge impact on e-commerce, and you can be a part of it 😉
- Life as a Forterian:
- We are a team of over 450 Forterians spread across 3 different continents. Our success so far in the marketplace has allowed us to achieve a total series F valuation of over $3 Billion, making us the most valuable privately-held fraud prevention company globally. Our investors include: - Tiger Global, Bessemer, Sequoia Capital, March Capital, and Salesforce Ventures.
At Forter, we believe unique people create unique ideas, and valuable experience comes in many forms. So, even if your background doesn't match everything we have listed in the job description, we still encourage you to apply and tell us why your skills and values could be an asset to us. By welcoming different perspectives, we grow together as humans and as a company.