- Published: May 27, 2021
Viber is one of the most popular apps around the world, and the most downloaded app to come out of the start-up nation. Working at Viber is a unique opportunity to influence a platform being used by hundreds of millions of people.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Backend Developer to join the web development team!
If you are curious about building scalable and secure web applications and microservices, designing REST API interfaces, and creating exciting features for a high-profile product serving Viber's partners, this role is for you!
- Be part of a team developing web applications that serve Viber's employees and partners
- Participate in the design, implementation, and testing of web applications
- Design and develop microservices for partner APIs
- Handle advanced technical problems and create solutions for business problems
- Collaborate with other development teams, and contribute code enhancement ideas
- Improve code quality through writing tests, refactoring, and performing code reviews
- Implement web applications security best practices
- 3+ years of experience with PHP server-side design and development
- Expert knowledge of Symfony framework
- Expert knowledge of OOP/design patterns
- Experience with relational database technology (MySQL)
- Experience in designing REST APIs
- Experience in Linux/Unix-based operating systems and command-line interface
- Experience with microservices architecture and integration with RESTful microservices
- Familiarity with Nginx
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English
- Can work independently and lead projects
- Experience with cloud environments (AWS services)
- knowledge of Docker