- Published: August 24, 2021
Sisense’s mission is to enable its customers to answer complex questions with data and drive the best business outcomes possible by providing the best business analytics platform on the market. We believe strongly in a data-driven approach to all that we do.
WHO WE ARE:
At Sisense Engineering group, we are responsible for developing the core components of the product. Our development culture is transparent, highly technical, and agile. We love innovation; we always seek better solutions and customer satisfaction. Turning complexity into simplicity is our mission.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR:
As part of Sisense's continued growth, we are looking for a Backend Engineer. The ideal candidate will be a talented Java EE professional. One who can see the “big picture” with an holistic understanding of the design and architecture, while at the same time get into the details of challenging big data problems.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN OUR BACKEND TEAM:
As a Backend Java Engineer at Sisense, you will acquire a wide system understanding, and you will collaborate with a variety of R&D development teams. You will be part of a new initiative at Sisense, that creates new analytic capabilities while preserving optimal and readable queries.
You will join a talented and highly technical team that is dedicated to innovation and quality.
You will work in a Cloud environment, gaining intimate knowledge of the state-of-the-art Cloud Data warehouses.
HOW YOU’LL RAMP UP:
By Day 30...
You will be introduced to the Sisense product
You will build relationships with people in the R&D and Product House
You will work with Sisense CI/CD systems
You will contribute code to Sisense
By Day 60…
You contribute code to the backend infrastructure as an agile team member
You will have a better understanding of the backend infrustructure
You will gain understanding of the development processes and integration
You will be debugging various components in our product
By Day 90...
You will be deep diving into Sisense’s product and technical infrastructure
You will be contributing code to a major feature of the backend infrastructure
You will significantly impact your agile team core product
We’re an industry leader with more than 2,000 global customers, including Expedia, Flexport, Nasdaq, GE, Philips & Tinder. We’ve been recognized as a leading visionary in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for Analytics and Business Intelligence. We’re on-boarding rapidly! We have over 750 employees with offices in Kyiv, San Francisco, New York, Tel Aviv, Scottsdale, Melbourne, Tokyo, and London.
We’ve been recognized by Comparably, Glassdoor, and Best Places to Work for our amazing company culture.
- You have Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Proven working experience in Java development at least 3+ years
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Able to collaborate and thrive in a fast-paced, high-performance environment
- You have experience Spring, Spring boot, and related technologies (JSON, REST, SQL)
- You have strong Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- You have experience with an Agile development process - great advantage
- You have experience with BI products - a great advantage
- You have experience with SQL expressions - a great advantage
- You are fascinated by creating the best generic infrastructure that is also easy to use