- Published: August 3, 2021
Trax is looking for a Backend Engineer to join its new solution for retailers. This person will be extending our existing engineering team and work with our data scientists on building ML models, data engines & pipelines and improving our data platforms. He or She will act as a key enabler of ML / statistical models, AI modules and advanced analysis over our production environment.
The ideal candidate will be an independent, highly motivated, Software Engineer with strong affinity to state-of-the-art data technologies. He or she is expected to be a self-learner that continuously seeks to push the envelope, following new and emerging trends in technology while working in a complex setting.
- Design, build and deploy microservices, complex data pipelines.
- Develop and optimize engine performance and develop new capabilities.
- Identify new and emerging technologies that may drive efficiency and introduce these to relevant architecture, research and development
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, etc.
- Fundamental knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and OOP.
- Experience in working with databases (SQL and NoSQL)
- Experience in working in a cloud environment (ideally AWS/GCP)
- Experience with data analysis methods and concepts
- Experience with big data & data analytics tools: NumPy, pandas, Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools: Azkaban, Luigi, Airflow, etc.
- BA/B.Sc (or higher) degree in Computer Science from known university or equivalent experience from lead army technological units.