- Published: July 16, 2021
Freightos is bringing freight online with the world’s largest global freight marketplace. Almost everything we eat, wear or use is shipped or flown by the global freight industry, but its technology is stuck in the ’90s….and we’re changing that. Beyond helping thousands of top tier companies worldwide, we’ve raised nearly $100 million from investors like GE Ventures, the Singapore Exchange and Aleph, and have gotten the BBC, TechCrunch, and the Wall Street Journal excited in the process..
Changing global trade starts with shipping great code. Boxes don’t move before those bytes move.
We are looking for software engineers who love solving complex problems and enjoy the challenge of building systems that are critical for our customers and are used to generate millions of dollars. Nah, make that billion. Our systems manage over two billion pricing points (in other words, Excel doesn’t really cut it), hundreds of thousands of quotes and millions of location codes.
Come ready for a challenge and don’t be fooled by container ships; this is rocket-science technology.
You’ll drive software architecture and design patterns for complex features that require advanced Computer Science and high-level programming language expertise (no “Hello World”. Think - “Hello, let’s ship the world” instead). Freightos sets an incredibly high bar to meet internal and customer commitments; you’re the type of engineer that pushes the bar even higher, mentoring and cultivating to drive consensus and align different opinions. Not to mention leveraging your experience in building mission-critical systems with SOA, microservices and APIs that scream modularity. From bug-zapping to analytics and on to problem-solving, you have the skills needed to bring a trillion-dollare industry online.
- As a Cargo Code Commander, you’ll lead software development of major features and systems (architect, design, build, test and maintain).
- You will promote clean coding inside your team and beyond.
- We deliver features continuously, and therefore your code will include the appropriate automated tests.
- Contribute throughout the development and deployment cycle across the R&D organization.
- With over a million lines of code, ship happens. You’ll troubleshoot and solve complex problems and introduce mechanisms, new designs and best practices to prevent the recurrence of the problem.
- Excellent (seriously, excellent) programming skills in Java or an OO programming language with 5+ years of experience making computer magic happen.
- Understanding of Computer Science fundamentals, object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, and ability to apply them to a pragmatic solution
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- Excellent communication, self-organization, troubleshooting, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Fast learner; can quickly master concepts, disciplines and methods
- Fluent in English with excellent reading, speaking and writing skills.
- Good understanding of Microservices design patterns, docker, and hands-on experience implementing Microservices (in Java, Springboot, or Node.js)
- knowledge of databases (MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, ElasticSearch)
- Hands-on experience implementing search solutions like Apache Solr and ElasticSearch
- Knowledge of industry-wide technology trends and best practices
- Experience with Containers and Kubernetes