- Published: September 17, 2021
Wix’s Backend Engineering group, where our software engineers shape the architecture of our backend microservices.
Due to our high scale, we run our production clusters across multiple data centers and cloud vendors, managing an ecosystem of more than 1,300 microservices, handling daily traffic of about 200 million users. This introduces unique distributed system challenges of synchronization, performance, testing, and monitoring while working with cutting edge technologies.
Our developer-centric approach places responsibility, ownership, and trust on each developer on their path to production. Our culture is transparent, highly technical, and agile. We invest 20% of our time in personal-professional development and improving our craftsmanship.
As a Backend Engineer, you will:
- Solve real complex problems at a high scale.
- Work on cutting-edge technologies and become an industry leader.
- Improve your skills and learn from top-notch engineers.
- Tackle tough problems and find creative ways to solve them.
- Push your code to millions of users every day.
- Write TDD and clean code.
An awesome, curious, motivated developer with at least 3 years’ experience using server-side technologies in a web environment. You have an in-depth understanding of OOP, SOLID and know functional programming principles. You care about design, passionate about TDD methodology and microservices architecture, take responsibility and can work independently.
You’re flexible and willing to adjust to context changes. Plus, you’re an open-minded self-learner, trying to keep in touch with what happens around you. You want to play in the team and help it succeed. People enjoy working with you.
Bonus points if you:
- Can understand and write multi-threaded code, specifically a web server's request lifecycle.
- Have practiced TDD.
- Have an understanding of reactive patterns and toolkits.
- Have contributed to open-source software.
- Have an excellent understanding of database systems, relational and otherwise, including sharding for big data applications.
- Are able to conduct performance analysis for a system and find its bottlenecks.
- Have been a “go-to” person in your previous teams/organizations.
- Have a get-things-done approach.