- Published: September 17, 2021
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
We are passionate about scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code.
As part of our team, you'll have the chance to experience real highly-available architecture and take part in the ongoing efforts to enhance our scale and resilience. You’ll work with the most advanced technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources and complex analytical logic, with its high availability and strict SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve our customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, written to maintain an operation of considerable onboarding size and monitor our merchants’ analytical performance
- Our culture is fast-paced, empowering, and collaborative. We work together as a department, and also, in smaller teams, enabling each developer to have a significant impact on our product. Each team member has a high-level of independence and makes important decisions that influence our customers' payment flow and risk management.
About the Role
As a Backend developer at Riskified’s Applications group, you’ll become a valuable member of an innovative and fast-growing department, working in a truly Agile environment utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
You will build FinTech products that help our clients as well as our internal departments to expand Riskified’s ecosystem and make an impact on our business daily.
We believe that developers should take full ownership of their work: from the initial feature planning phase alongside Product and Design; choosing the right technologies, designing the code and architecture; coding; PRing; and all the way to actual deployment in CI/CD environment, as well as post-deployment monitoring. It is all your responsibility.
Whether you enjoy writing complex business logic in the backend, take pleasure in writing clean and high-quality code, or tweaking the servers and infrastructure to perform well at scale, we encourage you to get your hands dirty end-to-end. It’s up to you how much you get your Stack Full.
Our Stack: Node.js, Scala, Ruby, Angular, AWS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo DB
What You'll Be Doing
- Deliver high-quality products to Riskified’s production environments and ensure production health
- Own our mission-critical high scale systems and ensure their smooth operation at all times
- Deploy your code to production on a daily basis
- Design complex solutions for multiple key products to meet the needs of our fraud analysis cloud-native architecture
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers and other stakeholders in the creation of the team’s and company roadmap
- Be part of a strong engineering community that works together to ensure highly available and robust services to Riskified’s customers.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or military equivalent certifications
- 3+ years of proven experience in hands-on server-side coding
- An autodidact approach to software development
- Passion for writing clean, SOLID and robust code
- Working experience in Scala/Node.js/Angular - advantage
- A team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently