- Published: September 2, 2021
Kaltura’s mission is to power any video experience for any organization. Kaltura is the video experience cloud, powering communication, collaboration, learning, and entertainment. Kaltura’s products are used by over 1,000 global enterprises, media companies, service providers, and educational institutions, engaging more than a hundred million viewers at home, at work, and at school.
Our core values are openness, flexibility, and collaboration. We like to think of ourselves as a cool, fun, and talented group of professionals looking to create cutting-edge technology. Kaltura is a fast-paced environment where standards are high, and initiative is always encouraged. Kaltura has over 700 employees worldwide with offices in New York, London, Singapore, and Tel Aviv. We are growing rapidly and have many exciting open positions all over the world. We promote a flexible work environment that encourages work-life-balance, internal mobility and relocation, community involvement, LGBTQ rights, a refer-a-friend program, and a newly launched paternity leave policy.
If you don't meet 100% of the requirements below - that's okay, nobody's perfect! We believe in hiring people, not just a list of skills. We encourage you to apply if you think this is a role that would make you excited about coming to work every day.
A successful software developer at Kaltura is a technologist who possesses a balance of technical depth, creative problem-solving ability, and strong interpersonal skills.
As a software engineer at Kaltura, you will be a part of an engineering community in our Core/R&D division.
The team you will join is responsible for Kaltura OTT backend solution with the cutting-edge technology.
Our mission is to build the infrastructure that will service other developers and can be easily reused.
We face challenges related to performance, stability and scale and expect someone who welcomes those challenges.
If you are a quick learner, love to learn new programming languages, new technologies and can take ownership from design all the way to supporting deployment on production,
share knowledge with team members and other teams then you are our missing link.
- Build large scale platform infrastructure
- Work close with CTO office on technologies selection and first implementation
- Contribute to the technical and architectural roadmap of the platform
- Design and implement core foundation modules and processes
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Analyze, solve and prevent difficult production incidents across the technological stack
- 5+ years of experience as a Backend Developer
- Expert in .NET Core and Goland server side development
- Deep understanding of Linux/Unix systems
- Deep experience with distributed systems architecture
- Experience with NoSQL, ES, pub/sub systems, queues management
- Passionate about learning new technologies and a great self-learner
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze performance and alleviate performance bottlenecks
- Ability to self-manage and focus on the business impact
- Ability to learn and apply new technical concepts quickly and independently
- knowledge of NoSQL databases and working experience with one or more of the following solutions: Couchbase, Redis, MongoDB, ElasticSearch.
- Experience with automation tools and frameworks (CI/CD pipelines).
- Experience with containers (Docker, Helm, Kubernetes)
- Experience in working with AWS Cloud
- Experience in micro services frameworks
- Experience working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to lead technical projects from discovery, research and design to development, testing and delivery