- Published: November 15, 2021
Riskified is the AI platform powering the eCommerce revolution. We use cutting-edge technology, machine-learning algorithms, and behavioral analytics to identify legitimate customers and keep them moving toward checkout. Merchants use Riskified to increase revenue, prevent fraud, and eliminate customer friction. Riskified has reviewed hundreds of millions of transactions and approved billions of dollars of revenue for merchants across virtually all industries, including Wish, Prada, Aldo, Finish Line, and many more. We're privately funded and VC backed, and our recent Series E round raised $165 million with a valuation in excess of $1 billion. Check out the Riskified Technology Blog for a deeper dive into our R&D work.
Our R&D Team
- We practice agile methodologies, building cross functional teams around business value with a high level of independence.
- We aim for a DevOps culture, where each team has end-to-end ownership of their product, with a can-do and collaborative mindset.
- We're passionate about quality at scale, performance engineering, high availability, robust distributed architecture, and clean code. We work with various programming languages and data platforms to optimize the right technological solutions for each product.
- As part of our team, you'll work with cutting-edge technologies and contribute to the creation and maintenance of one of the most interesting and complex products on the market, including:
- Our analysis flow, involving a variety of data sources + complex analytical logic, with high availability and SLA requirements
- Our business applications, meant to serve the world’s first tier customers’ payments teams and their varied use cases
- Our operational tools, used to maintain effective, self-serve management of considerable onboarding size and monitor our customers’ analytical performance
About the Role
As a Backend developer at Riskified’s Applications group, you’ll become a valuable member of an innovative and fast-growing department, working in a truly Agile environment utilizing cutting-edge technologies.
You will build FinTech products that help our clients as well as our internal departments to expand Riskified’s ecosystem and make an impact on our business daily.
We believe that developers should take full ownership of their work: from the initial feature planning phase alongside Product and Design; choosing the right technologies, designing the code and architecture; coding; PRing; and all the way to actual deployment in CI/CD environment, as well as post-deployment monitoring. It is all your responsibility.
Whether you enjoy writing complex business logic in the backend, take pleasure in writing clean and high-quality code, or tweaking the servers and infrastructure to perform well at scale, we encourage you to get your hands dirty end-to-end. It’s up to you how much you get your Stack Full.
Our Stack: Node.js, Scala, Ruby, Angular, AWS, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Dynamo DB
What You'll Be Doing
- Conceptualize and develop largely scalable architectures for our machine learning systems and platforms
- Work with large scales in all fashions - real-time, and batch jobs - across a wide array of programming languages (Scala, Angular, Node.js, Python, SQL) and technologies (Apache Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Docker, etc.)
- Deploy your code to production daily, using our CI/CD tools
- Be responsible for implementing visual elements that users see and interact with within our main web application
- Take an important role in developing end-to-end products that will benefit Riskified’s main products greatly
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering and product managers teams to design and launch new features end-to-end
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or military equivalent certifications
- 3+ years of proven experience in hands-on server-side coding
- An autodidact approach to software development
- Passion for writing clean, SOLID and robust code
- Working experience in Scala/Node.js/Angular - advantage
- A team player with excellent communication skills and the ability to work independently