WalkMe is in hyper-growth mode and is looking for an Assistant Revenue Controller to join our finance department and report to the Head of Global Revenue.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work closely with various levels of the organization and engage in revenue accounting, compliance, and processes.
What will you actually be doing?
- Review revenue contracts for the implementation of appropriate revenue recognition in accordance with relevant accounting literature and the Company's revenue recognition policy and ensure appropriate billing
- Oversee performing financial reports and compare actual to expected
- Develop internal controls and processes
- Month-end closing processes including preparing monthly revenue recognition, monthly revenue analytics, and deferred revenue account reconciliations
- Serve as part of the finance organization's subject matter expert on revenue accounting and collaborate cross-functionally with legal, sales, sales operations, and professional services to provide guidance on accounting, policy or process issues around revenue recognition
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement and partner with other departments to streamline processes related to revenue to create best practice across the organization
- Work in close coordination with Corporate Finance functions on accounting and quarter close related activities
- Periodically review and update the Company's revenue recognition policy documentation
- Work closely with the Company's external auditors to ensure approved revenue policies and prepare schedules and reports in support of audits, ensuring that all revenue deliverables are met.
- Assist with ad hoc tasks as needed, both revenue and business-related
- CPA with a minimum of 3 years experience in one of the big 4
- Deep experience in ASC 606
- Ability to analyze and interpret customer contracts
- Working knowledge of NetSuite and Salesforce is an advantage
- Detail-oriented with superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong English skills, written and verbal