- Published: August 2, 2020
Fabric makes profitable on-demand e-commerce a reality. Its flexible micro-fulfillment solution was specifically designed to enable fast fulfillment from small spaces. By leveraging robotic automation, Fabric allows retailers to reduce costs and cut fulfillment times. Unlike any other micro-fulfillment solution, Fabric’s software-led robotics and modular approach gives retailers the flexibility to build the fulfillment center that fits their requirements, allowing them to fulfill online orders at maximum speed while ensuring profitability. Retailers can choose a platform model to run and operate independently on their real estate or a service model in which fulfillment is offered as a service, with minimal capex investment. Founded in 2015, Fabric has raised $138 million to date and is backed by Aleph, Corner Ventures, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board (CPPIB), Innovation Endeavors, La Maison, Playground Ventures, and Temasek. With offices in New York City and Tel Aviv, Fabric is rapidly expanding its U.S. operations with over 170+ team members globally and 15 sites under development/contract, including two live micro-fulfillment centers.
We are looking for a technology leader with multidisciplinary technological skills across engineering, data science and algorithms to join our Software Engineering team in Tel Aviv.
Fabric Software Engineering is a team of brilliant and talented engineers, algorithms developers, data scientists and researchers, all dedicated to building a robust, highly scalable robotic fulfillment network. We're responsible for everything from orchestrating the robots' movement to handling orders and managing stock across multiple fulfillment centers. We solve challenging problems through collaboration across different roles and paradigms using cutting edge technology. We have a diverse tech stack, with a backend organized in a microservices architecture that helps keep it flexible. We're investing in a DevOps culture, which means end-to-end ownership from supporting the feature design to monitoring the production deployment. As our business grows, the team is developing fast as well, opening new opportunities for both professional and personal growth.
As Applied Researcher, you will design and implement solutions for the company’s core mission with research methodologies, and deliver them to a business-critical production environment. You will leverage tools from data science, algorithms and engineering realms to tackle real-world problems to ensure that our solution performance is best of breed.
- Take part in a cross-functional team with direct impact on our core KPIs and profitability
- Model complex multifaceted problems and come up with algorithms (ML or otherwise) to address them
- Collaborate with a cross functional team (Product Managers, Robotics Engineers, Software Engineers, Data Scientists and more)
- Run experiments, simulated or in production, to test ideas and drive decisions
- Design solutions that control robot motion, optimize stock retention and placement, define operational models and more
- Maintain high software engineering standards for scale and quality
- At least 3 years of relevant experience:
- Relevant roles within the tech industry (Data Scientist, Algorithms Developer etc.)
- Research or applied statistical analysis (academia or otherwise)
- BSc. or a higher degree in a relevant discipline
- Good software engineering skills with experience in running solutions in production; Hands-on approach; Proficient in Python
- An excellent collaborator with great communication skills, who can take part in diverse cross-functional team
The perfect candidate is someone who:
- Is thrilled when they solve complex problems
- A master in multiple data science and machine learning techniques, but can easily choose a simple linear regression if that’s the right tool for the job
- Has grown to realize that the most complex part is to ask the right questions before jumping into providing the answers
- Can prioritize based on potential impact on production environments
- Is driven by the desire to make a big impact