- Published: January 3, 2022
Lightricks creates award-winning apps - in the field of image, video and sound processing - used by hundreds of millions of content creators all over the world.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about the craft of software engineering - just like us. People who believe that code is beautiful, but can still appreciate the realities of business and can deliver on a tight schedule in a dynamic environment. We’re talking about people who get excited about starting huge projects from scratch and even more excited when the finished products are finally in the hands of users all over the world. People who love learning, understand the value of teamwork and cherish the feedback of other talented developers. If you like applied math and algorithms, even better!
The Android Infra team is responsible for providing high level production ready libraries (e.g. storage, analytics, monetization, rendering), building tools to enhance the android development experience, introducing and embedding new technologies, and improving our CI/CD pipeline. As the engineering manager of the Android Infra team you will be responsible for the team’s execution from design to delivery, making sure we build usable APIs and robust solutions to scale up the entire android development across all teams in the company.
- Keep up-to-date, hands-on knowledge of the Android stack.
- Manage and mentor the developers on the team, conduct code reviews, define and maintain the level of excellence we hold from coding here at Lightricks.
- Lead the requirements, API and software design process.
- Plan and manage cross-team projects with all stakeholders across the company.
- Follow the Android dev community, stay up to date with the latest news and identify opportunities for improvements.
- Support other Android teams in anything related to Android infra - be the one that knows how things actually work.
- Intelligent, analytic and creative.
- 5+ years of development experience in any programming language.
- Experience designing and maintaining an SDK / library / dev tool at scale.
- Experience leading a technical team or project.
- Experience working in a team - with developers, product managers and designers.
- Great communication skills, experience in providing technical feedback.
- Deep foundation in computer science - OS, DS, algorithms etc.
- Good debugging, profiling, time and risk estimation skills.
- Experience in modern Android development (Java & Kotlin - Coroutines, Dagger, Work Manager, Room, Gradle).
- Experience with writing JNI native code, C++.
- Experience with Docker, Github Actions.
- Experience with writing custom UI views.