- Published: July 26, 2021
The account executive will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious data licensing targets, across multiple verticals, that need data for their business. You will lead business sales opportunities till closure.
The ideal candidate will be a curious self-starter, who can identify and lead new opportunities from the early stages through maturity and deal closure.
Who we are::
Otonomo is taking the automotive industry into the future by leveraging the power of connected car data. We have partnerships with over a dozen car manufacturers to bring customers data directly from the source – over 40 million cars. Our platform reshapes, harmonizes, enriches, and secures connected car data so that our diverse network of app and service companies can deliver advanced automotive solutions.
The world of automotive big data is virtually untouched. Otonomo is at the forefront of pioneering creative solutions to the challenges of the new IOT surrounding connected cars.
Otonomo was named as one of Gartner’s Cool Vendors, recognized as a “Soonicorn” by Tracxn in 2020 and praised by industry and business press for our impact on the automotive data industry. We continue to grow and reach new milestones, like the recent announcement of our going public via a business combination with Software Acquisition Group Inc II.
What you’ll be doing:
By Day 30...
- You’ll have completed the basic training program where you’ll learn about the company’s values, the tech jargon associated, clear visibility into the internal process, and get equipped with various sales techniques
- You’ll gain an understanding of the product’s offerings, the competition, and the outcome companies achieve by using our data.
- You’ll be actively managing an opportunity pipeline
- You’ll begin collaborating with the Business Development and Sales Engineering Teams
- You’ll strengthen your skills and technical knowledge with regular one on one coaching
- You’ll become an expert in the connected cars space, trends, etc.
- You’ll be an integral part of the sales team and its revenue success
- You’ll have a firm grasp on sales best practices
- You’ll provide ongoing feedback to the marketing organization based on prospect feedback
Why join us:
- Our team was founded by veterans in the mobile data space who have previously founded several successful exited startups, including Traffix, which was acquired by F5 networks (NASDAQ: FFIV). Our team consists of innovative professionals who are passionate about Big Data and the Automotive domain. The team at Otonomo is known to be very friendly and frequently hang out together outside of work.
- We are a well-funded global startup in the rapidly growing automotive data ecosystem. Our partners and customers include Fortune 500 companies, leading car manufacturers, international consultancies, mobility startups, municipalities and governments, developers, and more. We are pioneers in the emerging field of vehicle data. Otonomo’s vehicle data is utilized in a variety of verticals including parking apps, insurtech, fintech, navigational apps, weather prediction services, hazard and emergency services, traffic management departments, and more.
- Working with us offers a dynamic experience to explore your talents, learn new technologies and be exposed to new horizons
- You have a demonstrated track record of success in consistently hunting and closing business at a SaaS company selling to organizations of all size
- Experience in selling SW B2B Technology based products
- Hunter and closer at heart with a proven track record of success quarter by quarter
- You understand how to sell a complex solution preferably in the datamobile space and can navigate opportunities that can take up to 6 months to close
- You have documented success converting leads into sales revenue
- You bring a positive and energetic attitude, ambition, upbeat, and creativity
- Ability to work autonomously with goal/objective-set direction and own multiple projects at a time with dynamic timelines
- Experience working with a matrixed team of stakeholders to achieve a common goal
- Fully proficient in English. Native English is a plus
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required